jetsetgreen

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yada, yada, yada

Well I guess I'll just tell you my new year/school year resolutions for 2009 since I'M so bored Taradise.  In fact, I sent her a text hours and hours ago telling her how I was going to pass out from all the boredness I was having.  Anyways.  So starting a number of years ago I decided to make New Years resolutions that I could actually keep.  The first one from "the new deal" as I like to call it was returning my shopping carts to their respective pens no matter what.  And 4 years later I'm still doing it.  I'm like a postal worker, I deliver in any weather.  And it felt so good that I decided that one resolution a year just wasn't enough.  So then I started the school years resolutions which encompass a semesters worth of time.  So basically 4 resolutions a year and then my "themes" (another time for those - or not, who are we kidding?).  



So drum-roll please..... My new years resolution is to enjoy all the different kinds of lettuce out there.  So far I've moved from Iceberg to hearts of Romaine and now field greens.  But why stop there?  I'm going to take another look at the produce department and break into Radicchio, endive, arugula, boston lettuce...I could go on. 
 And even though Fennel is not technically a lettuce, I'm MOST excited for that one.  So if anyone could help me out and share a delicious recipe for anything other than my current lettuce's then please do because then you will have the satisfaction of knowing you helped me accomplish  one of my goals and you can also feel better than me for once because you already eat other lettuce.   

And now my school years resolution for the next couple months is to find things to love about Arizona because I don't love it yet.  So far I am appreciating the winter warmth and all the pharmacies on every street corner.  It is very comforting to know that no matter where I am if I suddenly need anti-fungal cream or the Plan B pill (it's just a fancy name for the morning after pill so people don't feel as slutty) it is never more than 1/4 of a mile away.  It is a work in progress to say the least.  OH!  How could I forget?  Mexico is only 3 hours away!!!!!  I LOVE that.  Guess where I'm gonna be May 5.  

9 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

1. can I come with you on May 5?

2. Last year my New Year's res. was to floss more. Success. This year it was to kiss more. Success. I like the attainable goals.

Carina said...

My favorite resolution was to learn how to accept compliments gracefully. ACCOMPLISHED!

I can't think about lettuce right now, it's overwhelming. I'll be back.

tara said...

Instead of being bored, why don't you make that delicious cabbage salad I just sent you the recipe for.

dannii said...

so the french always take and endive leaf and put some blue cheese and walnuts on it like a little boat appetizer. my chef friend added chopped strawberries to that and it was amazing. i've also seen them grilled (cut in half, cut side down with butter/olive oil). maybe eat them with some creme fraiche with dill and smoked salmon. ummm ... i'm excited to see what you come up with. and i loved your wedding pics by mo by the way - the redds can't stop talking about how classic you look.

Hollie L. Miller said...

do you want strictly salad like options, or more meal options where different greens happen to be in the mix. cause i've got some decent ones for boston & endive.

Laquina said...

I'll take anything that has new lettuce in it. Bring on the recipes!

Momoko Photography said...

So this is mostly potato, but it does call for two fennel bulbs and it gives i that extra kick to the gratin. It is, as all of Ina's recipes, full of delicious butter. So go for it and love it.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/potato-fennel-gratin-recipe/index.html

lynda said...

hmmm, things to love about arizona (thanks for giving me a good reason to leave a comment!) first of all, last chance in Phoenix (take the 51 and exit highland), breakfast restaurants - utah seriously lacks in this department-(original pancake house by fashion square mall), fashion square mall (scottsdale), the biltmore fashion place (love going to the coffee shop there and window shopping), diversity! (well, in terms of restaurants and shopping, utah just doesn't have a big enough city, phoenix is decent), and my favorite...arizona winters, oh, and the smell of rain...wow, are you actually making me miss arizona? oh, and you have in-n-out there. (if you want to email me about AZ get my email from mo)

lynda said...

oh, another thing. i'm really good friends with your husband's cousin brooke, and ashley lives next door. small world.