jetsetgreen

Friday, June 15, 2007

What lies beneath




Let me deconstruct the layers for you from outside to inside;


1 Towel


2 pairs of shoes


1 piece of Nordstrom tissue paper


1 Killer Albino moth




My thought process once I glanced down at my bathroom floor and realized something was wrong.......




What is that by my foot? (leans down)


I still can't tell, better crouch down


AAAAAAHHHHHH it's a *#$&%^@ moth!!!!


An albino moth that blends into my white tile floor!


What do I do now? Everyone is asleep so I can't scream!


Quick, must cover moth NOW - toilet paper is not going to cut it


Solution: tissue paper from Nordstrom in my closet. It is substantial, grey colored and big


Slowly place folded tissue paper on moth and do a little dance on my toes because of my proximity to said killer albino moth.


WHAT IF ITS STILL ALIVE?


I know it is still alive under the tissue, its only a matter of time before it either finds its way out from underneath the tissue or gnaws through it


I know, shoes. I'll put two pairs of shoes on top of tissue paper to weight it down and hopefully crush the killer


WHAT IF ITS STILL ALIVE?


Ok, get another shoe and pound the other shoes into the ground and hope that it is crushed


WHAT IF ITS STILL ALIVE?


My bathroom is in my room.......its basically in my room...


I have to shut the door and put a towel under it to stop the moth from flying directly to my neck in the middle of the night


I can't shut the door in case it gets out during the night and get angry and attacks me when i open the door in the morning.


I have to leave the door open.


WHAT IF ITS STILL ALIVE?


Genius, I'll put a towel over the pile to seal the edges and add weight. Even if its still alive it can't get out.


Brush teeth in bedroom and try to avoid bathroom


Leave it there the next morning and call host brother on the way home from work and ask him to check on it and get rid of it


The feeling of knowing I'm ridiculous and accepting it: priceless


6 comments:

Carina said...

The other day at RC Willey, I saw a moth way back next to the cashier. It was flitting in and out of the neon signs. Each time it would come shooting out of the neon that was against the wall, a puff of dust that had been trapped on the shelf came with it. Poof...Poof...

You would have been totally freaked out.

kiki said...

I'm trying hard to feel your pain, but all I'm doing is feeling bad for the moth.

Funny.

jessica said...

Just a tip: Dillon was probably the one that put the albino moth in your bathroom, so watch out next time it might be an entire family of fluttery creatures.

Carina said...

I was just thinking, how did you know it was a killer albino moth?

Laquina said...

Its like asking "How are you so pretty"? I just am.

Momoko Photography said...

Can I call you Quina for short? You might have encountered the Albino Moth in your bathroom, but I encountered the King Moth in my laundry room. I'm pretty sure he was laughing at me too, becuase he was unfolding a plan in his mind to flutter-thunk in my apartment to scare the poopies out of me.