jetsetgreen

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Get in the car loser, we're going shopping

I have a confession to make.  I had a little Regina George moment last night.  It was almost as if I had eaten a Kalteen bar and then discovered my protege had thrown an intimate party with enough cheese and crackers for 8 people that turned into a blow-out that I was not invited to.  A friend of my recently purchased a very nice article that I myself would love to have in my closet.  When I saw the picture all I could say was a very loud and high-pitched "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" And then "noooooooooooooooooooooo" some more.  And then that's when Regina popped into my head, "I practically invented her, you know?"  Only I didn't - and I didn't actually say that....out loud.  But I might have put it in the burn book if I had one.  I whined and moaned and complained for a good 10 min. before I calmed down enough to think rationally.  I thought, Juicy Couture?  You can have it.  Dooney and Bourke?  Take it.  You might even be able to have some of my friend Michael Kors if you wanted it.  But L.A.M.B.?  That's my thing.  It's MY thing.  I felt very territorial for some reason.  Taradise, you know I'm talking about you and in penitence for my egregious selfishness I must come clean and confess.  So this is me standing on the stage in the auditorium about to give my speech before I turn around and trust fall into the crowd.  



Ahem.....So I know that at first I was upset and little incensed that you stepped on my 'territory' by acquiring a lovely bad that really will look good slung over your shoulder but I have had a change of heart.  Taradise, I'm the tard here.  You've been nothin' but super-duper nice to me ever since I got here and far be it for me to begrudge you a whopper of a handbag.  You too deserve nice things and I am happy for you.  It's a big day when a girl gets her first really nice handbag and especially a L.A.M.B. bag.  At least you probably thought of me when you got it (I hope so anyway).  So congratulations on your big day and look out for your candy gram in the mail.  And just know, you are a partial spring-fling queen too.  



Sincerely, Me  

4 comments:

rich said...

Ah, this post is cutes and funnys (I was debating on spelling it funnies, but I didn't want it to seem like I was pluralizing or referrin to comic strips in the newspaper).

tara said...

HA! I knew it- I knew you would be! And I was thinking as I was writing that post, I should really give L the credit here since I only occasionally admired LAMB from afar before you came around and actually WORE it.

But really, what was a girl to do when such a good deal presented itself? I would have bought the purse regardless of who made it, because it really is so cute, not just because it's LAMB. That just happened to be a perk.

I know how you feel about people ripping off styles you think you own. It's happened to me, and I hated it. But as I get more fashion savvy as I get older it was bound to happen. Don't begrudge me the couple years I am behind you in picking up fashion sense, since I am a couple years younger afer all. If it makes you feel better, you can go ahead and think of yourself as my style mentor.

No worries though, LAMB is still YOUR thing and I don't care to infringe on it. I just had to have a plaid clutch and i could NOT resist. I say it's somewhat even, since you'll probably wear red lipstick to your wedding. And we all know that is MY thing.

Kelli Radmall said...

mean girls and clueless in one post? You astound me.

Mojo said...

good girl. I totally got your fried green tomatoes reference by the way. I watched that movie way too much as a child.