jetsetgreen

Saturday, June 13, 2009

To Denver with love

Ricky and I have a problem deciding on where to live one day.  We pretty much differ in all our wants for an eventual home.  He loves rain and boat shoes and I have curly hair that frizzes in the rain and ankles that aren't built for boat shoes.  He loves the east coast and all the green and pretentiousness, I love the west coast and all the sunshine and laid-backness.  Basically we can't decide on anywhere because there is nowhere that I love.  He would love plenty of places but I just don't feel attached to anywhere yet.  And then I went to Denver.


Look, I'm not saying that Denver is perfect but have you smelled the air there yet?  Delicious.  It smells like mountains and it is crisp and tangible and intoxicating.  Everywhere you look is green and there are white-tailed bunnies hopping everywhere amidst the prairie dog hills with cute prairie dogs perched outside their holes just looking all cute with their hands held close to their chests.  I know if I lived there I would probably curse the prairie dogs for tearing up my yard but right now from far away they are so adorable.  

Also, they have a great light rail into the city which is actually why I liked Denver so much.  The suburbs were just suburbs but I LOVED the down town.  You end up at the station right next to the smallest six flags I've ever seen perfectly situated in walking distance to the baseball stadium.

Then you walk right into down town on a street where they don't allow cars  and you can just wander around and eat great food and and relax amongst the buildings.  I saw a side street full of christmas lights so we wandered down and came upon a whole street closed off full of chalk drawings and found this:

It is a Lechtenstein just for Ricky since that is one thing we agree on, we love the Lichtenstein.  I just loved it.  I'm not saying it is perfect and more than likely we won't end up there because I just hate snow and I know it snows there but it was so nice.  Also, the children there were very unremarkable.  None of my co-workers could come up with a better word than that for them.  They were just...blah.  But other than that - Bravo Denver, you made me want to come back again and again.  And even though the airport was a little nuts 

how can you be mad at something that looks like it is covered in merengue?

DenverAirport.jpg

Maybe "the mile high city" needs a new slogan: "Just a mile below heaven".

2 comments:

Miggy said...

If you need any convincing, I loved growing up there. It's really a beautiful place and I'm sure your kids would thank you for raising them there.

THE FORSLOFF FAMILY said...

how are you??? this is Liz Jacobson from high school, I played the bass? I am friends with Ashley Kozlowski, she's in my ward..anyway I saw your name on her blog and had to say hi and how are things!!