jetsetgreen

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Would you like them in your closet? Would you like them on your faucet?

"Oh no!" I said as I slapped myself on the forehead this morning.  "No, NO!  NOT AGAIN!" I screeched frantically.  "No, no, NO!!!!!"  I howled again and again as I rifled through my entire closet - and my husbands too.  "Where are they?" I wondered aloud.  



"Ughhhhhhhhhhhh, ughhhhhhhhhhh" I slowly stammered to myself.  "I've done it again" I said to myself out loud.  "Apparently I just have soo many clothes that I just throw things away without even wearing them once" I scolded.  


What is wrong with me?  This is the second time I've thrown away a new article of clothing that I love...into the garbage.  It is SO unbelievable that it has to be believable.  


The first time was in Tyson's Corner, Virginia 2 summers ago.  I had just scored the most unbelievable dress at my favorite store Zara for $20 on clearance.  Picture this:  black, knee-length frock with embroidered bright flowers just like a Mexican dress except from mid-chest up and onto the shoulders was covered in black sequins.  A sequined Mexican dress!  Is there anything more perfect?  And I was rushing to the airport but stopped to get my hair extensions (it was a nice experiment until I got dread locks underneath, nasty) fixed and in a rush to throw out garbage and extra bags from my friends car I threw away the bag containing my new dress.  Not only did I throw it away but it was a garbage in front of a Panera eatery.  No offense, they have some decent grub but it was no place to lay to rest the mother of all cocktail dresses..  I didn't realize it until I was already miles high in the sky.  I just hope that someone, somewhere emptying the garbage found it and wore it like I never could.



And today, more of the same.  I think I blogged a bit ago about finding the perfect pair of white pants - which never happens, btw.  It is like getting a new haircut and being able to perfectly recreate it the first time you have to do it by yourself: impossible.  But I found them and I was excited to wear them but as is the usual with all pants I buy they needed to be hemmed.  So I put them aside to await the sewing machine.  And today as I picked my wardrobe for my trip to Denver and Utah I went to find them and bam!  Not there.  Not anywhere.  I searched high and low and really low (under the bed) but again, nothing.  Then I remembered the pile of shopping bags I had outside my closet and how I wanted to be proactive and take out all the garbage - ok, and how I added more shopping bags to the pile and didn't want Ricky to notice - and they must of been in there, still in their bag.



Another wasted piece of perfect clothing.  Sure, the wide leg khakis I had to buy two summers ago for my summer camp keep showing up in my closet, but the good pants go to an early grave.  Maybe I should hire a garbage sifter to catch such things.  I would just feel bad because 99% of our refuse involves bits of food.  Yuck.  



My name is Laquina and I throw away brand new clothes.  Help.

5 comments:

rich said...

This is truly one of the most heart wrenching tales of sadness I have ever read in my life.

Carina said...

This story BREAKS MY HEART.

irene said...

This is literally stuff i cry over. I hope you are ok.

Marge Bjork said...

it's called hamartia.

you're like a Greek tragedy, you're downfall does not come from the mustached villain (which is probably your husband) but comes from your very own personality: constant shopping and compulsive cleanliness.

Baguleys said...

lish i wish i could say that i know how you feel but i don't and i am glad for that. so sorry to hear you through away your good stuff...next time just give it to me i could use them as capris