jetsetgreen

Monday, October 15, 2007

Crazy

I called Mo tonight because I think I'm going crazy. Maybe I'm not crazy, but I just want to do crazy things. Mo is my resident crazy therapist....
"you did what? I can't believe you did that"
"No, I don't think that's a good idea. Definately do NOT do that"
"Never do anything in the moment of craziness"
"Josh agrees, do not tell him"
"you are just acting crazy"
"remember when you used to call ME crazy?"

Yes Mo, I remember when I called you crazy. Thanks for passing it on to me. I have a number of married friends who seem to have passed the crazy torch for single people to me. "here, can you take this crazy torch for me? I don't need it anymore" So now I carry around about 5 peoples crazy torches. Thats a lot for one person. So far I have been able to keep the crazy at bay in the public eye, but not in private. I think I have narrowed down the three sources that cause most of my problems:
!. Too much time on my hands
2. The dreadlocks starting to form in my hair
3. Facebook

The solutions:
1. I have started to think of my life as an off-shoot of Hugh Grants character in about a boy. I separate my day into units of time. 1 hour for hanging out with friends on campus, 1/2 hour for heading outside with Abuela and her Jazzy chair, 1 hour for yoga, 1/2 hour for The Hills, 45 min. for eating chips and salsa, and 1 hour for staring at my pores (I'm trying to cut back).
2. I have to cut my hair.
3. Stop spying on people via "the internet". I don't think thats what "the internet people" had in mind when they created "the internet". But unfortunately its too easy to snoop into peoples lives on facebook and end up disappointed when you find your secret crush flirting with someone else. Thanks "internet" (carina, that was for you. I know you know "the internet").

As Mo talked me into slowly setting my crazy torch down tonight she mentioned how her baby is teething. So soon I asked? How do you know? She said well, he has been fed and changed, what else could it be? And when I give him his teething ring he just gnaws on it. And thats when it hit me. I have been fed, I went to the bathroom, what else could it be?
I need a teething ring. Something to gnaw on for hours to make me feel better. And then I discovered that I do have a type of teething ring. Movies. When I'm mad or happy, or frustrated or crazy I put on a movie with a corresponding feeling and watch it until I can hit the streets non-crazy.
I am on my 6th run of "Broken English" since Saturday night. I feel it kicking in. (and Mo, does the Boo make you crazy? cause that might explain things)

1 comment:

i i eee said...

I think I'm carrying a crazy bonfire.

"Broken English" really depressed me. Mainly because I didn't like it like I thought I would. I think it's because Parker Posey's character came off as so utterly pathetic, and wouldn't you know, she reminded me too much of myself or at least of my future self was to come. (Of course, minus the one night stands and stuff. I can't imagine I'd be as depressed as her if I were at least getting some ass now and then...or maybe not.)