jetsetgreen

Monday, October 29, 2007

Exposed

LUKE'S DAD IS GAY!!!!!! That's right, the secret is out! His business partner is actually his lover. Who knew? Actually, I did. I've seen this episode more than a couple times. And then at dinner Ryan says, "I was just over at their house, they seemed so happy" to which Seth cleverly replies, "and if by happy you mean gay?". Every time, it kills me every time. To those who may scoff at the brilliance that is the OC, how can you deny the wit in the above scenario? You can't. Which is why I love the show, that and its all about secrets. There is someone else who is all about secrets......ME. I love to hear them, to have them and to make them. Sometimes the secret slips out right away: "OK Jenn, I took your free sample of Dove lotion that came in the mail today...its in my room". Sometimes the secret comes out years later: "Oh yeah mom and dad, I used to steal ALL the time. I NEVER got caught. I was real good at it too, you proud?" and some years after that: "Mom, I set our backyard on fire. I burnt a good half of it. I still count it as a miracle that you never found out.....I covered the burned area with grass from the untouched areas. Guess it worked like a charm. Oh, and I set the carport on fire too, which explains all the black marks on the floor. Sorry". And sometimes they never come out: "Remember............" (come on, there are some things I will NEVER share). And just like today, there are secrets I need to confess out loud to lessen the personal shame I feel. The guilt is weighing on me and its real heavy. My name is Laquina and....I'm back to therapeutic shopping. I'm not proud of it even though I like it. I can't help but sparkle when I hear things like "I love your shoes, I just had to tell you". Don't judge me, or judge me and tell me what you think of the two new pairs of jeans I have bought in the last two weeks - do you like them? And I may or may not have bought two pairs of heels in the last two weeks as well (its a sickness). I stopped shopping after the summer, just quit cold turkey. The thought of stepping into the mall made me want to dry heave, going to the grocery store gave me headaches and the thought of TJ Maxx had me breaking out in hives. I guess it had something to do with shopping in 5 major cities and 2 countries in 4 months while lugging all my loot around with me. I had to send 2 boxes home during the summer with clothes that just wouldn't fit into my suitcases any longer. But I did get some GREAT things (thank you SoHo!).
My friend Jeff asked me to help him shop for some jeans tonight so I gladly went along. I think he tried on 90% of the jeans at Nordstrom. It was a denim killing ground with the remains of fallen washes and boot-cuts strewn all over the dressing room. After a long while we found them! The perfect dark denim to compliment his lower torso. After we left the store with a pair of jeans and a new sweater he put his arm around me and thanked me for helping him. "Most other people would have gotten sick of this by now" he said as we headed to CPK. Looking down at my feet I said almost in a whisper, " I just like to shop...even if its not for me".

3 comments:

martha corinna said...

I have this sickness too. I am trying to go cold turkey, it's not working so well.
Your blog is hilarious.

Carina said...

I go through stages where I avoid all shopping entirely. This was necessary over the past two years when we were skint every week. I literally did not step foot in TJ Maxx for an entire year. It was hard. However, it just takes one push and I'm over the edge. If I start shopping, like for Christmas, it's REALLY HARD to stop.

Mojo said...

ditto to azucar.