jetsetgreen

Monday, October 22, 2007

Watch Yourself

I started watching the OC again last night starting with episode one. There are so many good things about that show that I wouldn't know where to begin. But amongst the vast brilliance of the show was the many catch phrases I gleamed from watching week after week. The most unforgettable phrase I adopted comes directly from episode one. Luke (the token water polo player) kicks Ryan (the token bad boy from Chino) in the gut after a scuffle involving Seth (the token smart, sarcastic nerd) and declares "Welcome to the OC bitch"! What more could you want in the first ever episode? Nothin. Unfortunately I liked that phrase a little too much and it became part of my regular vernacular.....
"Welcome to my room b**ch"
"Welcome to Provo b**ch"
"Welcome to the mall b**ch"
"Well welcome to your life b**ch"

Then one day I realized that if I didn't stop soon that I might be hearing "Lisha, YOU are a b**ch" soon. I thought I was done using that phrase until I started watching the show again. But I guess it reached deep into my psyche and I awoke in a panic this morning when I thought I heard "Welcome to college algebra b**ch" echoing in my head. What? OH NO. I haven't done anything...not one thing. I cannot fail this class. I lay there paralyzed unable to go back to sleep or get out of bed. I just lay there contemplating the terror that is math just waiting for my alarm to go off. I pictured walking to my professors office to beg for forgiveness. But the door just seemed to slink farther away from me as the hall got longer and longer like in a scary movie. What am I gonna do? This math is totally "mad-doggin" me.

Looks like I'm gonna be spending some happy holidays doing make-up work. But I did this to myself so I guess I shouldn't get all "butt-hurt" over it.

2 comments:

Carina said...

Don't get all butt-hurt, just know your limitations and call your brother-in-law.

The first season of The O.C. might be the most perfect TV season ever created.

rich said...

This is bad. As you know there's a part of me that wants to swear also. I don't want to say the F-word, but mainly want to be able to quote some of my favorite lines from "It's Sunny in Philadelphia"