jetsetgreen

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Debauchery done lightly

After two weeks of blowing everything off I have returned ready and motivated to get back to work. I didn't want to do homework, talk on the phone, read or even blog. I have a series of half-written blog posts that would have been really clever had I had the stamina to finish and post them. It's like I was hybernating for the winter, only I fast-tracked it. I could never sleep for months and months even though the idea seems nice. Maybe it was my birthday. My 26th birthday...yuck. For the first time I didn't want to tell people how old I was getting. All my life I have chastised people for not wanting to celebrate how old they are getting. "Why be embarassed?" I thought, "you are actually that old, get over it". Well, I guess I'm starting to get it. 26 for me was cresting the hill of youth and feeling gravity begin to pull me down. Suddenly the need to be responsible was palpable. No more flights of fancy, no putting-off of things until later. No, the time for getting on with it is now. It's a good thing that my theme for this year is "It's MY year". Well it's MY year to feel old-ish. This week I am going to throw myself into my studies and get back on track. I really feel like I've been suffering from a major case of Senioritis since I was born. It's very hard to diagnose in small children and can easily be confused with laziness or apathy but it is actually more serious than that. Is there something I can take for that? Maybe the real urge to get to work was spurred by the news that Fidel stepped down today which means I need to focus if I want to graduate in April and get there before he really steps down.....if you know what I mean.

And just for the record...if I was going to get rid of anything in the Universe it might just be gravity, who needs it anyways?

2 comments:

tara said...

Or MAYBE the motivation to work came from none other than Jason Statham and Burt Reynolds in that touching scene where Burt inspires Jason to live up to his kingly legacy! Fight for your people! Become the king you were meant to be! Call in the ninjas!

Sam said...

Gravity isn't just a good idea, it's the law!