jetsetgreen

Monday, May 5, 2008

Te extraño

Dear Cinco de Mayo-

It's been along time since I've seen you.  I remember the bbq's we used to have every year complete with Corona pinatas and sour Mexican candy.  The backyard would be full of people and the smell of grilled pineapple would permeate the air.  I put flowers in my hair and donned my favorite white Mexican dress with the bright embroidered flowers. 
 I was so sad last year when I couldn't be here with you so I made a huge dinner and my first ever tres leches cake and made my host family eat it with me in your memory.  I was so looking forward to spending some quality time with you this year but things got so busy and we both got caught up in other projects.  But I decided to try and make it work anyways.  I dug out my favorite Mexican dress and I convinced my parents and my sister to come with me to find you.  We tried two different restaurants before we were confident we'd find you at El Gallo Giro.  Sadly you were no where to be seen but we ate anyways.  I had cactus for the first time and it wasn't so bad!  I know you'd be proud.  I can't help but think that maybe if I had more people helping me look we could have found you.  But don't worry, next year I know that we will finally be reunited together like we were before.  I miss you.  


I can't wait to see you...


Besos, Laquina 

2 comments:

tara said...

Dear Cinco de Mayo -

Sorry about that whole invasion thing. But come on, it's how I rolled back then. And we both know that the French needed to prove it to themselves. Honestly, you're kind of a lame holiday when i think about it.

Sincerely,

Napoleon Bonaparte

Kelli Radmall said...

Ok Lady I found your blog through...yada..yada. You know how it goes. Here's the thing. I have made it a goal of mine to read all of your posts when I have the time because you are one of the funniest people I know. I was skimming and I was cracking up when I read, "Luke's dad is gay!" After having Felicity in December I have seen every episode of the OC (on soapnet every afternoon). Seth Cohen is a comedic genius. When Kurt comes home he tells me about his day and I tell him what is happening on the OC-like it's my real life. Anyway-long story short I love you and I would have followed you and talked to you the other day on the street but baby girl was sleeping and you can't really give birth to someone and then leave them sitting in the driveway where Keiko can get them. peace. Kelli Woffinden Radmall