jetsetgreen

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Another day, another measly dollar

Finally.  A hotel that I can borrow wireless from in my room.  It's amazing  that you could pay so much to stay in a nice hotel and not have internet.  Shameful.  But at least I didn't pay for the hotel.  I'm in a Marriott in Boca Raton bestowing my wisdom on how to be a good leader on the junior high school kids.  God bless the middle school age kids.  Nothing like the elementary babes I've been with the past two years.  I only had one boy cry tonight suddenly because he missed his mom.  Turns out this is his first time away from home and even though he was bragging to me half an hour earlier about his size 13 shoes he's still a little teddy bear inside.  He sniffled I encouraged.  He teared up I joked.  He called his mom, I let him go to the bathroom to wash his face.  Teamwork.  


I don't know why I keep doing these conferences.  Everyone here seems to love kids.  They are all teachers of some sort.  But I'm not.  I don't ever really want to be one.  You should see the teachers faces at the Elementary school I work at occasionally...rough.  I rarely see the smiles come out.  I don't want to be like that.  I don't want to do it.  Sure, I like kids.  But this is not my calling in life.  Trouble is I'm having a tough time figuring out my calling in life.  I'm pretty sure it's not "yeah, that shirt doesn't really go with those shoes" or "you just need to cut your hair- you just need to".  That doesn't translate easily to steady income.


How do you find your dream job?  Do you stumble into it one day or do you stay up every night for 8 years trying to decide?  Someone help me figure it out.  And don't say "it will just come to you" because it hasn't and yes, I have been patient.


4 comments:

rich said...

Ah, so that's what the crier was about. When you initially texted me I thought you had insulted a kid and then he cried... Ya, that's the type of person I think you are.

Momoko Photography said...

just find what you love to do and follow that path. and don't worry it will come to you...hehe

Wilde Lady said...

I can't believe that you're so close and I haven't seen you. You're only a few hours away from me. How long are you in town? I hope that all is going well. Email me if you get the chance. nikibwilde@yahoo.com

Marge Bjork said...

I have one word to say to you. And that one word is....Plastics. There's a great future in plastics.