jetsetgreen

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fun shopping trip.......or Hell on earth?

Wedding registry.  Worst couple hours of my life.  I love to shop.  I mean I REALLY love to shop.  I research where all the good shopping spots are and then map out a route to maximize the shopping time before I go on a trip.  It's not a vacation unless I go shopping.  If you've ever been to Vegas with me then you know.  But I did not, I repeat did not enjoy shopping today.  


First of all you have to carry around an enormous tag gun that weighs as much as a ton of bricks and you can't even mark prices down with it.  Then you have to decide what you want in your house.  What color towels.  Who cares?  I just want a towel!  You mean I have to color coordinate the colors for my whole house?  Jimmeney cricket.   I don't even know where we will be living, let alone what size bed and from direction the morning sun will hit our house and reflect off our perfectly matched dish towels.  I just want a gift certificate - and the kitchenaid stand mixer I registered for.  


That afternoon almost killed my will to shop.  But I've got 4 inch ivory heels to purchase for December so I can't quit now.

8 comments:

Carina said...

So, uh, where did you register?

Ashley Koz said...

Hey Lisha, darise told me about your blog and its freaking hilarious by the way, love it. I just started one kozlowskinews.blogspot.com

I felt the same way when I registered at babies r us, overwhelmed and not having fun. Had no clue what I needed/wanted

Marge Bjork said...

wait, I thought you did yoga, shouldn't you be able to lift that register gun better?

tara said...

I know this might be mind-blowing, but registering is NOT a requirement for getting married. Believe it or not, people will still give you gifts even if you haven't signed up for a new rug or waffle iron from Target. Unless their cheap-skate losers.

Kelli Radmall said...

Yeah-I know what you mean, registering is not all it is cracked up to be. I don't usually buy people things off of their registry anyway because that is boring for me. If I am going to get to shop-I am going to buy something more exciting. Something I like. It's hard to be selfish when buying someone else a gift, but I manage. I do get them a gift receipt so they're not stuck with my choice though. I try.

Momoko Photography said...

yeah, where did you register?

Wilde Lady said...

I had NO idea! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to get an invitation. I am getting an invitation right? You haven't forgotten me? And wow, I didn't think that anything could get you discouraged about shopping?!? Let me know how everything else goes!

Anonymous said...

When Peter and I were registering I kid you not when I say it took us 3 times until we made it through Bed Bath and Beyond. We kept getting in arguments and would leave the store. We laugh now about it, but at the time it wasn't pretty. I absolutely hated registering. it was the worst.