jetsetgreen

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Desperately seeking paycheck, Laquina


Where do I begin?

After a great long weekend with the bf Stasy I wanted nothing more than to sit and stare at my computer looking at sample sales and perusing cooking sites whilst checking my email. And while I was romancing all this technology I was sampling and sampling all the various flavors of salt water taffy we picked up on the waterfront today. Mmmmm...pumpkin, banana, eggnog, rootbeer.

And then my email delivered this: blah, blah, blah "At this time, we are moving forward with other candidates who are a closer match with the skills and requirements of the position. " blah blah blah, you suck.

And then I read it word for word to Ricky and then shrugged my shoulders. He said I seemed "pretty happy" in his words and this confused him. "What do you want me to do?" I questioned. " There isn't anything I can really do about it" I finished. Should I cry? Wail and nash my teeth and pound the floor? They didn't want me and because of that I didn't want them.

And by the time I realized it the coffee table looked like this:

The picture is dark because I was too lazy to turn another light on even though I got up to grab my phone to take the picture. Do you think the interviewer figured that out about me and that is why I didn't get the job?

My computer keeps beeping at me now with all the emails Ricky is flooding me with for potential jobs. Doesn't he look dreamy when he job hunts for me?


2 comments:

Carina said...

He looks sweet.


And that job? Not for you. You'll find one, and one that fits.

Anonymous said...

What a good lookin' hubby you've got there.
you'll find something soon. you're too fabulous to hang out at home. you need to be in the work field infecting everyone with your awesomeness.