jetsetgreen

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Floor

I used the oven 3 separate times today. Lunch: pizza. Dinner: minted oven roasted farmer's market carrots with curried apple couscous.

Dessert: chocolate chip zucchini cupcakes. And after about the second time I opened the oven door it finally kicked in that when I open the oven door I need to stand away for a second to avoid the wall of heat that comes charging out. Brutal. And I kept thinking "did I just kill a dolphin out there somewhere because I keep turning the oven off and on?". But the food was just so good that I didn't care. I do my part for the dolphins by buying dolphin safe tuna. I think that about covers it.

I was so excited to move into our place here that has bamboo flooring throughout. Finally! Chic and classy looking floors! No more industrial carpet! But then I lived in our house with wood floors for a couple of days. Not so glamorous anymore. They show everything. Dirt, dust, hair, it is all there on public display in little nests in the corners. I can't keep it clean. I CAN'T KEEP IT CLEAN!! Frustrating. And to be honest I miss the sound the vacuum makes when it sucks up dirt. It was so satisfying. And to top it off we have this after dinner ritual occasionally that has been ruined by our wood floors. When we stuff ourselves with something delicious we collapse on the floor to let our bellies rest and recover and the wood just isn't comfortable. That and I refuse to lay on it because of the aforementioned goods that congregate there. Exasperation! But I guess at least we can't get any carpet burns which is favorable.

Anyone have a miracle wood floor trapper of all things gross?


4 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

Maybe you could have lint rollers permanently stationed in the corners of your rooms. That sounds feasible and like it would work really well, right?

Carina said...

Swiffer.

(I know)

Whits said...

I used to have all wood floors in Boston -- I thought they were awesome at first, but yes impossible to keep clean. But I am still hating on our industrial ugly ugly carpet.

And yes, swiffer is the answer.

irene said...

I have wood floors too and I have the same problem!!! it's horrible. Also because I keep finding hidden hair from past nannies and that is seriously disgusting. I still vacuum (as well as swiffer, and also get on my hands and knees and collect the hair with a tissue if i dont have time) and take pleasure in hearing the stuff get sucked up.