jetsetgreen

Sunday, November 22, 2009

I hear you

I've been sooooo busy. So busy that I tend to get lost in thought and not listen to anyone else. I realized this about 2 weeks ago when I was sitting on the couch next to Ricky who was telling me something pretty interesting involving some process in the human body and I had this moment where I just looked at him and saw his mouth moving but I had no idea what he was saying.

I had no idea what he was saying.

And then again today as we were walking into the apt after church he was saying something to me but it was like a movie where I'm inside my own head and everything else is silent.

I've just been thinking too much lately - and not about myself which is a bummer. I have A LOT of people to think about right now. A Lot of people with bigger problems than I have.

But I feel bad because I just haven't been listening.

So I pledge here to listen better to Ricky tell me all about the vomiting reflex. Or to you and your bad dog/day/job or stupid sister/brother and how they didn't buy you a present off your approved Christmas list.

And if you come and talk to me in person I promise to make you a treat and I'll even sweep the floor before you come over. Just wear your rain boots because you CANNOT believe how much it rains now.

Everyday. That's how much it rains.

Everyday.

2 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

rain everyday means you can watch the umbrellas of cherbourg and dream about mechanics who wear tasteful sweaters.

Mojo said...

i hear you.