jetsetgreen

Thursday, November 19, 2009

If the Chemistry's correct

I was coming home from work yesterday and I decided to stop at the bakery to pick up a fresh walnut baguette to go with dinner.

After I bought my small baguette I left the bakery and walked to the street light and waited for my turn to cross. In the mean time another women left the bakery, grabbed her two dogs that were waiting outside and she joined me at the stop light.

And then she turned to me and said "are you a chemist?"

"Excuse me?" I asked not sure that I had heard her right.

"Are you a chemist?" she asked again.

"No, I am not" I replied, almost laughing.

"Have you taken any chemistry classes?" she asked.

"Um....yeah. In high school" I said with a chuckle.

"Oh, I guess that won't help me" she said. "I want to take a chemistry class and I don't know if I'm going to take the right one or if I can handle it or what".

"Yup, sorry. I cannot help you there".

And with that we both proceeded to cross the street and go our separate ways. Of all the things people on the street have said to me that was by far the most interesting. I guess I'm kind of flattered that she thought I might be a chemist. After all, I am very good at producing... reactions.