jetsetgreen

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy ME day!


Well it seems that no one will be writing a post praising all my many virtues today on my Birthday so it looks like I will have to do it myself. Actually, in the interest of full disclosure Ricky did post this, which was pretty thoughtful. Notice the word fully. It's pretty poignant seeing as how more than a few times I've threatened to put his favorite Steve Jobs apparatus to rest...permanently.
Back to me and why I'm lucky to have myself as...myself. I'm fiercely loyal to myself and you if you are in the inner circle - and I put on mascara everyday. I love my Birthday and yours too (if I can remember it). I will always be excited when anyone is opening a present. I will tell you that whatever you are doing/saying/wearing or thinking about naming your kid is great even if that is not what I really think because I like to make you feel good about your choices even if they are not for me.

I'm a great employee now. Emphasis on the now. Even if you ask me to make more coffee and I really think that's beneath me I will do it with a smile because I'm grateful to have a job now. I am OK if someone buys the same thing I'm wearing after seeing it because really that is a compliment and we both would still know that I got it first. Also, I seemed to have inherited a small part of my mothers supernatural gift for finding a-m-a-z-i-n-g things for dirt cheap.

I'm a great wife. You should be so lucky.

But most importantly if you are sad I will buy you candy. If you break up with someone I will cook you dinner. If you stay the night I will cook you multiple meals and show you the meaning of food is love (good food, not crap).

And I will tell you I love you, even if we aren't quite "there" yet. This is new for me.

So basically, I am SO blessed that you all have me.

2 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

thank you
for blessing you
by being you
so that we may have you, too.

Carina said...

I'll say!