jetsetgreen

Friday, February 26, 2010

A pat on the back

I had a 90 day performance review yesterday. For some reason I was really nervous - even though my boss had taken me out for lunch at the market in December to tell me what a good job I was doing. I just couldn't stop wondering if somehow I had ceased to do a good job. That maybe I had dropped the ball on...something.


But it was a glowing report. I mean, I think I actually blushed - in a business meeting. I was on cloud 9 afterwards.

You just might not understand, so let me help you. I used to get fired from jobs. Restaurant jobs. Although to be honest, who hasn't been fired from a restaurant? Oh yeah, my friend Mo. She actually left a note one time on the hostess station at the restaurant we were serving at together. It read:

Dear boss,
I quit.

Mo

She made it out, but not unscathed. I remember the aforementioned boss making her cry once because he hated her hair that day. Yeah. I don't feel bad that I was sacked from that place.

The point is. I am a MUCH different kind of person now. It was easy to tell the change was happening when I stopped celebrating one year work anniversaries.

I even added another resolution: squeeze my butt more when I walk.

How adult is that? BOO+YEAH!!

3 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

what kind of adult are we talking about here?

Carina said...

I always think I'm going to get fired. Always.

Mojo said...

that was awesome. i want to go and quit somewhere again,