jetsetgreen

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Don't look at me

They say that eyes are the window to the soul.

If that is true then I say eyebrows are the windows to your face.

And my eyebrows are sending mixed messages.

Should we go up or down? Right or left? Curl or not curl?

They can't get it right - and neither can I.

Because I am afflicted with what can only be described as "parental halfsies" (one side of my body reflects my mother, the other side reflects my dad. To be more specific: Left side mom, right side dad) I have had an awful time getting the eyebrows to reflect their close genetic link.

My left eyebrow is lovely and curves elegantly at just the right place. The hairs tend to group nicely and evenly making a very aesthetically pleasing picture. My right eyebrow on the other hand is very unruly. Just imagine having one of YOUR dad's eyebrows on your face.

No bueno.

It requires all my time and attention and it's just a distraction really.

I'm now considering having them "shaped" in hopes that someone else might be able to do what I never could: make my face windows shine!

I'm so sick of looking at myself in pictures and seeing what can only be described as thin koosh balls on my face.




2 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

well, honestly I've always felt that your eyebrows are beautiful and/but reflect your incessant smirk.

second point of honesty: I would look really really funny with one of my dad's eyebrows.

tara said...

That is kind of gross.