jetsetgreen

Monday, July 26, 2010

A hot mess

I just got back from vacation last night. A vacation that I truly needed to save my soul even though the vacation itself almost cost me the very soul I needed to save.

It's true.

Every trainwreck of a human being deserves a break every once in a while. I can't even begin to go into detail about all of the terrible things I did to myself in the span of a week. But I can give you a condensed version.

-I realized 30 minutes before my Young Women's class that I had to teach the lesson because I read the calendar wrong.
-I forgot to do all manner of things at work during the week which included forgetting to wear a bra to work one day - a day that I had to go with the CEO to meet the head of Bank of America in Seattle. And honestly, I went through a whole hour of work before I even noticed. And then I didn't do anything about it.
-I accidentally cancelled everyone's hotel rooms for the first night of the vacation 3 days before we were supposed to leave. That's right, 5 rooms cancelled in a resort town. Awesome. I felt really good about that one.
-On the morning of the trip I awoke to find that I had set my alarm for 7 PM instead of 7 AM and had to scramble to get ready and run to the airport.

I can't remember anything else because I think I don't want to. But mostly I think I can't remember anything else because I lost SO much sleep from being terrorized by my neighbors cat.

That's right. Literally being terrorized by the feline next door. That story comes next time.

But let me report that post-vacation I'm glowing and I totally remembered to wear a bra to work today.

Up top!

2 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

but at least you're a HOT mess, right? Or should I say HOTT?

Momoko Photography said...

Oh man, that's bad.