jetsetgreen

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Housekeeping...want me fluff your pillow?


For over a week now I've been hoping to come home and open the toilet seat in my bathroom and see nothing but sparkling clean water that I would be proud to have anyone drink out of.

But alas, stay away from my toilet.

Have you ever toyed with the idea of having someone come and clean your house? Well I have. I do, actually. I'm toying with it right now. I'm just dying to take a sip of my toilet water already, alright?

But I couldn't actually do it. Even though mentally I have nothing bad to say about it. I'd be stimulating the economy and someone else's wallet. I wouldn't have to do anything myself and I'm great at word of mouth advertising if I've tried the product and love it. But I just. can't. spend the money.

I grew up in a regular house with an irregular mother who was a neat freak. Really. In fact, when she broke her foot almost 2 years ago we all said it was karma because she broke it while vacuuming a flat surface. Ha. Even though the foot-break was no laughing matter.

We had our chores and we knew them very well. Every saturday morning we had to change the sheets on our bed, clean our rooms and then tackle our respectively assigned house duties before we could do anything. That's right, no bed change and double stair vacuuming and waxing? No friends or fun. That's right, I said stair waxing once a week (I had that injustice).

I hated it. But like it or not it became a routine. A routine that stuck with me, although very loosely in college. And when I got married and really had my own place it came back full force. And I like that I kept a clean house. And up until this last move I was dutifully carrying out my saturday duties every saturday.

Then we moved. Now we have levels. Levels man. They are a whole new ball game. You clean one and then you have two more to go. What gives? My levels aren't even that spacious, they are just stacked on one another. Which means that for me my saturday cleaning rituals have been relegated to one level a week. Which means that the others stay neglected for two weeks at a time. No bueno.

But I think my toilet level is getting preferential treatment this weekend and jumping the line.

4 comments:

Carina said...

I looooooooove the housekeeper. I can't afford her regularly, but for special occasions? AWESOME. Highly, highly recommend. You come home and everything is clean. It's amazing. I cried the first time I had a housekeeper come.

Marianne & Clayton said...

This post has inspired me to do one of two things. Clean, or hire someone. I've never considered it before. Why the &$#@ have I never considered this before?

Baguleys said...

i feel for we have 3 levels also and its miserable. 3 1/2 bathrooms put me over the edge.

tara said...

Is Saturday cleaning part of the arrangement if I come visit you? I knew there was a catch.