jetsetgreen

Monday, October 18, 2010

Circle Up

I have dark circles under my eyes.

Really. I started to notice them about a month ago and couldn't understand why I was suddenly getting them. Then on Saturday Ricky was staring at me intently and then he reached out with his index finger to touch the delicate skin between my eye and nose. "Why is it so dark around your eye?" he said as he poked and prodded.

I'm not old enough for dark circles under my eyes. I have no children to give me dark circles under my eyes. I'm thanking my lucky stars that they aren't bags though, cause those are baa-ad.

But still. So I analyzed why I might possibly be bruising from the inside out. Work has been a little more stressful with the mountains of new responsibilities being piled on me everyday. My church responsibilities take up a lot of my time that could otherwise be spent on the couch with fresh cucumbers on my eyes. I have been wearing some pretty tight pants lately, maybe I've cut off my circulation. I don't get as much sleep as I'd like but who does?

But I think I've figured it out - or at least I hope so. Poor nutrition.

It never ceases to amaze me that what I eat can have such an affect on me. Normally I have a pretty sweet nutritional set-up going on. I've become very good at supplementing my diet to make up for the things I don't eat. And if it wasn't for my wicked sweet tooth I'd probably look like Cindy Crawford (after all her kids, I have to be realistic on this one).

You know what tipped me off? Meat. I don't really like it. We don't really have it in the house. Even when we go out I opt for the veggie option most of the time. But lately I've been scarfing it down when we go out and have some. That's not normal. I can only remember a couple of times that this has happened in my life. And every time it's because I have gotten lazy with my nutrition.

So I pledge to do better. To eat better. To get rid of these hideous dark circles under my eyes. Because heavens knows I need all the help I can get in the picture taking department.

2 comments:

Whits said...

I've had dark circles ever since I started my job. It's horrible. And I eat a lot of meat :)

Mojo said...

That's not good, because you never sleep with kids and that's when my dark circles started to kick in. We're just getting old...sigh.