jetsetgreen

Friday, September 28, 2007

I'm ready.....

To Date. I reemerged after this summer feeling not quite myself. After running a couple of red lights and getting lost on the way to Lowe's I realized the person I had once been was gone. I learned a lot about myself this summer and the things that I'm good at. I can will myself to do what needs to be done even when all I want to do is go home and sleep for three days. I have the strength to stand up to those who try to see how much they can get away with. I can put a smile on my face after receiving blow after blow and I like having a job, who knew? I started this school year much like any other buying books and finalizing my class schedule, but I still didn't feel like myself. And as the weeks passed I realized that the biggest change in me was the desire to date. This will only seem weird to those of you who don't know me very well. Sure, I have complained about everyone else having boyfriends and being lonely on the occasional Friday night but I never wanted to really have that. I'm not sure why, although my mothers voice whispering "you should date more" in my ear helps, but I feel like it now. So after careful consideration of sisters, friends, strangers, etc. I have decided yes - I DO want to date your brothers, neighbors, co-workers, nephews and mechanics. In the interest of avoiding creeps and selling myself too much I have opted out of a picture but here is some info.

About me:
I'm 25
In my last year at the Y studying Geography:Global Studies.
The idea of my next trip gets me out of bed and motivated.
I love sitting on the porch with friends more than almost any activity.
I have trouble falling asleep at night and dragging myself out of bed the next day.
I love to make and laugh at jokes that make you feel kind of terrible....but not enough to not share them.
I have great taste in music(see me for details)
I have a wardrobe to kill for.
I once let the song "TNT" by AC/DC inspire a haircut.
I'm excellent at quoting movies.
I love MTV reality shows.
I can bake and cook alongside the best of them...minus my eldest sister.
I struggle with simple math.
I like to learn pick-up lines in different languages.
I like to use pick-up lines in English.
I'm fairly bendy.
I like background noise.
I tan easily, and lose it just as fast.
I craved rootbeer for two months straight last year
I'm good with kids, but even I have my limits.
I am currently working on creative solutions for global issues such as: Romanian orphans, all things Chinese and how to settle once and for all who has the best health care system.
I excel at imitating people's walks.
I recently mastered liquid eyeliner(my biggest accomplishment of '07).
I met Pharrell.
I love gaudy catholic art - especially the wearable kind.
I hablo the Espanish.
Natural Brunette with an enviable profile.
Former excellent speller....I don't know what happened.
I could eat chips and salsa everyday.
I make and keep my new years resolutions (this years, which actually started a little early in September, is to watch more action movies).
I make a decent first impression which I usually ruin right away with sarcasm.
Once you get past that you end up loving me.


If this sounds like I'm selling myself I kind of am. Consider this a personal ad in one way or another. When I want something I tend to chase after it and then deal with the consequences. But even this doesn't seem worse then when I put up flyer's on campus to meet Mohawk Man. Just remember my idea of the perfect evening is dinner and then home. That way if things are going well you end it before someone says something stupid and if things are not going well you cut it off. Dinner and then home.

7 comments:

Carina said...

I cannot stress enough that you imitating people's walks is my favorite thing ever. Maybe you could put that as your number one marketable skill?

Tiffany UnTwisted said...

By the way, I already mentioned I had a guy. What's up with that??!! Call me my favorite little sister that I never had (and don't tell Jen I said that).

natalie said...

I feel like I just went on a date with you myself and...I am sold! I love reading your blog. You write so well and you are HILARIOUS! Good luck with the dating, I am sure Mr. Right is right around the corner.

Momoko Photography said...

You forgot to mention your penchant for putting people on the spot.

Tiffany UnTwisted said...

ps. I just realized that I need to hear about you meeting Pharell because I think he is fabu.

Cheers!

Redefining said...

Hey you didn't mention your awesome pool skills.

nbrawley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.