jetsetgreen

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The scarlet letter

So today when I got to work I noticed a little sticky note attached to a file folder on my desk.

It was from my boss who is the CEO of the company, in case I forgot (it said in parenthesis).

It was a little odd. I wasn't sure what to make of it. Was it a bad joke? So I threw it in the recycling bin under my desk and forgot about it.

Much later that afternoon I was replacing the toner in one of our printers and he came mozying by. "Oh, I'm so tired today" he yawned.

"Well, it's the afternoon and that happens" I replied.

"Yeah, I went out last night and drank some wine with one of my friends. Then I decided to come to the office later that night and get my mail. Did I ......... write you a note? He inquired a little sheepishly.

"Yup" I said.

"Oh, was it a little weird?"

"Yes siree" I answered with my most non-chalant voice.

And that's it. The moment I got the upper hand.

So did I keep the note?

You know it.


1 comment:

lola said...

ok now i really want to know what the note said.