jetsetgreen

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dress for Less

I feel like every time I go to a Ross I come home and exclaim "now THAT'S the worst Ross I've ever been to". I've said this twice in the last month. And it seems that they get progressively worse over time but yet, I still go.

But this last one truly may have been the WORST. I went there as a split second decision while out shopping yesterday. I had been searching high and low for curtains for our living room that are patterned and not going to blow up my wallet. But I just couldn't find the right ones.

So I had this brilliant idea (if I do say so myself) to look at the table clothes and see if something suited my fancy. Well they did indeed suit my fancy and then some. I found the cutest fabric and in the perfect size. All I had to do was sew the top edge over a couple of inches to make a loop for the curtain rod and Voila! Curtains!

But it was what I had to go through to get them that make them truly great. The Ross was PACKED that day my friends. Packed. With screaming children and smelly people. People from all over God's green earth were hunting the aisles for bargains - some so deep in search that they let the toy section be their nanny. Children were running around everywhere opening all the boxes and dragging everything across the floor. And where were the employees you might ask? Puh-lease. This is Ross. They don't do that.

So there I was trying to dodge the dodgey and just get to the tablecloths when it began. EVERY aisle I turned down produced someone with a hacking cough or uncontrollable sneezing attack. I could not escape it. I felt the germs showering down around me crowding into my nostrils. And just like an airplane, I new those confined spaces were going to get me. I was going to get whatever they had.

I felt just like this...


3 comments:

Whits said...

Dude -- Ross? IKEA, home goods, TJ Maxx, IKEA...so many better choices than Ross for potential curtain fabric that is awesome but not expensive. But I am very glad you found something awesome.

Julie Wilding said...

I am really glad that someone else defines the people at Ross (besides themselves) as smelly. Because they aren't just weird--they are SMELLY.

irene said...

i forgot to comment on this when I read this but I LOVE THIS POST Lisha. It's so good. the sneezing, the children. It's all so good.