jetsetgreen

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Game night



Ricky and I have this little game we like to play. It's called, "I could have hair like that!".

The rules are very simple. Watch any late 70's to early 90's movie and find the girl with the best curly hair-do and voila! "I could have that hair!" has begun. The bigger and frizzier the bangs the better. Really. Because I could actually have that hair.

The game was birthed out of my hatred for my natural hair texture: curly. Not nice beachy waves and not beautiful ringlets - a mixture born straight out of Kenny G being electrocuted for just the tinsiest bit of time. Basically, think Capt. Hook (in any of his incarnations) and you've got it! Seriously, I was him once for Halloween and it was spot on. Spot. On. I wish I knew where one of those pictures was just to prove it. Anyone, anyone?

From an early age I remember trying to steal my older sisters hair products to experiment with what to do with my hair. She had nice curls from using Dep hair gel and Aussie mousse, shouldn't I? Nope. I've never gotten it right. To this day I refuse to be seen in public with my natural hair al fresco. Just ask Ricky, he hates it as much as I do. He'll tell you!

But without further ado, some pictures from the "I could have that hair!" game:

I could have this...

And these...

See? Isn't this fun?
I could have all of these!!


I was born at the wrong time we decided while watching Top Gun the other night. Why couldn't I have weathered my 20's during the 80's? I would have fit right in.

I also would have made a great sidekick.

4 comments:

Jana said...

I WISH i could have that hair.....

Carina said...

I want that hair to come back in, because that means I could do nothing to my hair except grow it long and it would be perfect.

Marge Bjork said...

you would be a great sidekick to me, because I COULD HAVE MOLLY RINGWALD HAIR. I look natural when I dye my hair red. How many people can say that?

Anonymous said...

i love this cause I feel the same way about my hair. It's a frizz ball when it's curly. Mo always says it's so pretty curly, and so I do it curly, then I look at pictures with my curly locks and realize it's HUGE and all over the place!!! thank goodness there's bumble and bumble and better hair products these days.