jetsetgreen

Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Year

No one reads this anymore.

Good. Check that off my New Years resolution list: get rid of everyone.

I made a lot of resolutions this year - more than normal. So many that I had to categorize them.

Before I list them off I want you to know that I really love resolutions. It seems that most people hate making them, mostly because they have no follow-through. And also because it seems that often times people want to over-achieve when they make a goal for themselves. There's something to be said for "baby steps". Why set yourself up for failure? I like to create goals that I actually want to do. That still require some effort but that won't peter out after a month because its too much of a struggle. Whenever I tell people my goals they say "but those are things you can actually do". Isn't that the point?

Lot's of people know this about me but I make resolutions for myself year-round. I like to divide my year into three's. A winter, summer and fall with a goal for each. And I usually come up with a theme for each. A little invisible banner that I fly in my head for 3-6 months. It works for me. Gives me something to look forward to.

I don't have a theme for this trimester but I do have a number of goals. Also, I have to admit that I did not do very well on my New Years goal from last year: to squeeze my butt more when I walked. I did it for a while but in the end I forgot more than I remembered. It kind of fell into the dark hole where my kegel excercises reside. Oh well, maybe I'll revisit that this summer and declare it "the summer of the squeeze!". Who's with me? They say you are more likely to accomplish your goals if you have someone to check up on you.

Without further ado.... 2011 Resolutions

Personal: read the book before I see the movie
Marriage: clean the kitchen before bed (update: not so hot on this one. Maybe it should be to get a maid?).
Work: Take care of all the red flags in my email the same day I flag them / Get a raise.
Church: Play the piano in YW's and stop whining to Ricky.
In general: Travel as much as possible.


That's all for now but I think I have some more hiding somewhere. I'll let you know when I figure them out.

I tell you what though, I'm already looking forward to "summer of the squeeze".

4 comments:

Carina said...

I'm still reading this.


And I approve.

My favorite resolution was to have better posture.

irene said...

Lisha, I read this blog. And have been meaning to tell you that I look forward to reading every time my google reader bolds your little title and tells me you've posted something. It's good. So don't ever stop.

valeri said...

there is something to be said about waking up to a clean kitchen. not that i would know, mind, but i imagine it to be wonderful. one less thing to do during my oh-so-busy days as a housewife/mom.
also, totally with you on "summer of the squeeze." i need to get my big fat a a bit less big. and fat.

Marge Bjork said...

Well, I definitely do not read this blog.