jetsetgreen

Thursday, January 6, 2011

She blinded me with SCIENCE!!

Remember this?





Alrighty, time to dust off my deep thinking and analytical skills.


Ask question:

Can I continue to eat healthy, balanced meals during my period?


Do background research:

My eating habits from the last 3 weeks have been good and I have stocked my fridge full of veggies and grains.


Construct hypothesis:

Yes, when conscientiously watching what types of food I eat and when, I can continue to eat healthy, balanced meals during my period.


Test with an experiment:

Started Wed. morning off with sugar-free hot chocolate for breakfast. Did not snack before lunch. Ate a healthy lunch of brown rich sauteed with colorful vegetables. Saw chocolate covered Oreos in the fridge. Ate one. 2:30 pm traveled to the coffee spot downstairs to get a deliciously thick 65% cocoa hot chocolate - full sugar. Dinner was a healthy and balanced green salad. Picked up 4 different kinds of ice cream on the way home (not including the samples made to determine which 4 flavors). Sampled all 4 flavors once at home on couch.


Analyze results and Draw Conclusion:

Good intentions were definitely there for the day's menu but will power was not. Gave in to enormous hormonal cravings and feeling of wanting to add extra padding to body. Conclusion: I need chocolate every 4 weeks or I'll torture everyone around me and be immensely unhappy.

Hypothesis is False.

Think! Try again:

Thursday morning had tea for breakfast. Good start. Remembered the butterfingers in my desk and ate one. Had healthy salad for lunch and then proceeded to the chocolate covered oreos and ate one. Don't remember much about dinner but I do remember the candy canes, peppermints, the entire small tin of cinnamon altoids I consumed like candy and hot chocolate.

Report Results:

Negative. Hypothesis is absolutely 100% false.



See? It's scientifically impossible to eat healthy food once a month.





3 comments:

rich said...

So this is what you were doing when you told me you were conducting research!

lola said...

I completely and totally relate lish. Always making me laugh. Keep em coming although I don't respond often.

lola said...

I completely and totally relate lish. Always making me laugh. Keep em coming although I don't respond often.