jetsetgreen

Saturday, March 8, 2008

As you wish

As I was driving home tonight John Tesh (yes, you read that right) was talking about a study done in Australia that linked smelling cinnamon and vanilla with a rush of "feel-good" emotions to the brain.  I completely agree.  I have long been touting cinnamon as an aphrodisiac and digestion aide.  I love the smell of cinnamon, I love the taste of cinnamon and I even like the feel of cinnamon.  My favorite part of valentines cookies are the cinnamon hearts placed on top.  My favorite flavor of jolly ranchers is fire and I even go so far as to eat cinnamon sticks straight-up bark and all.  You get the picture.  But today I walked into a restroom on campus and was completely taken aback when the scent of cinnamon wafted towards me.  The ladies room smelled like cinnamon rolls.  I don't know, there is just something I don't trust about a bathroom that smells like cinnamon rolls.  Its like the feeling that cops get when they get a call and they just know that something really bad is going to happen.  I kept waiting for something bad to happen.  I wondered if my toilet was going to explode the minute I tried to flush it.  I thought maybe my stall door would fall off the hinges when I tried to open it.  I got all the way to washing my hands before I noticed something.  As I was grabbing paper towels I felt an extra "thickness".  I KNEW IT!!!  The paper towels were coming two papers thick.  My intuition is dead-on every-time.  And unless I'm wrong - and I'm never wrong - they are headed straight for Gilder.

4 comments:

The Calls said...

you crack me up

Anonymous said...

Inconceivable!

Sam said...

you don't know me but you should know that I laughed pretty hard at this...

rich said...

Fantastic!