jetsetgreen

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Me and Pythagorus down by the school yard

WORLD'S ARE COLLIDING!  
Oil and water are mixing...asparagus no longer makes your pee smell...Hillary and Obama are vacationing with the Bush's in Lebanon...and all because I have finally reconciled God and Science!  Thats right!  There are no excuses anymore for black and white not coming together, for catholics and protestants to not break bread with one another, or for stilettos to hurt your feet!  I can't believe that after hundreds of thousands of years and millions of "intellectuals" working together to bring God and Science together that I, Laquina, have done the impossible.  I alone dared to dream of a better world and I alone have conquered all.  Picture this:  One week ago I walk into math class ON time (miracle 1).  There is a new man pacing the front of the classroom instead of poor teacher E. (miracle 2).  As soon as the bell rings he tells us that he is our new teacher for the rest of the semester (miracle 3).  He proceeds to let us decide how we would like our class to run (miracle 4) - "You don't want quizzes?  Then we won't have any...".  We discover that our slates have been wiped clean and we are basically participating in a mock block class (miracle 5)!  As I tell my brother in law of my newfound luck he suggests that perhaps it might be a little more than luck.  That's when it hit me...God has taken science under his wing to give me a second chance.  
Never before have I been graced with such a series of miracles and probably never again will I receive such an opportunity.  It is nothing other than divine intervention that I was given a second chance at my worst class.  For the next two months at least the stars are aligned and the earth has stopped wobbling on its axis.  Feel free to swim right after eating...don't use any sun-block while vacationing on the equator...don't fasten your seat-belt when the pilot turns the sign on...  drink water upside down!  Nothing bad can happen while God and Science are temporarily getting along so well.  Defy the odds and go crazy for a while.  Let your hair down and relax with the knowledge that you don't need to stay up at night anymore worrying about evolution because for now it doesn't matter and it all makes sense.  Ahhhh...feels good.    

4 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

why hasn't God intervened for physical science? that's what I need.

Mojo said...

pfff! lucky.

The Kemps said...

Oh Lisha! I miss you. You crack me up. I LOVE your writting, you seriously need to write a book, or for a magazine??? Hope all continues to go so well!!! Liz

Cathy said...

OMG! Lisha! I found your blog through Liz. How cool is this! It looks like life's a blast! How are things!?