jetsetgreen

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Leap Frog

Friday was leap year day and in honor of Leap year day I wanted to do something that I would only do every 4 years.  Honestly it was really hard to think of something.  I feel like I do a lot of odd things on a pretty regular basis.  It seemed to all lead back to food and eating something full of cream really late at night - But its not like I don't do that semi-weekly anyway.  Then the idea came up of me wearing sweats out on the town and perhaps watching a few episodes of Battlestar Galactica, but I just couldn't bring myself to wear sweats out in public and I didn't have any B.G. readily available...crap.  Things were not looking good for Leap year day festivities as I headed to Tara's house.  So we decided to go to a new pizza place down the street for a slice and some brainstorming.  As soon as we walked inside the owner told us there was Karaoke in the back.  So naturally we made a b-line for the back room.  He had to come after us to get our order.  We stayed in that back room for over 2 1/2 hrs just us, one employee and the sweet sound of me belting out Celine Dione.  Other customers would come peek their heads in every once and a while but they must have been too intimidated by my rendition of "Girls Girls Girls" by Motley Crue to actually come in.  But we didn't care.  At one point we had a sweet, sweet 'Cheers' moment when I put on "That's Amore" and all the workers/owners came in and we all sang together in unison.  Tara sang a little Madonna, I sang Enrique in Spanish and together we dueted JoJo's "get out".  B-e-a-utiful!  By the end of the night our voices were horse but we were the better for it.  Keep an eye out for us this summer as we have been requested to perform outside the restaurant for all who care to listen.  It was the perfect Leap year day activity especially since I haven't done it in almost 4 years.  What did you do to celebrate Leap year day?

3 comments:

rich said...

Man I desperately needed to be there.

Marge Bjork said...

I desperately needed to be there to. I want in on kareoke!

tara said...

I heard that Celeine Dion song the very next day, and I was obliged to belt it at the top of my lungs, again.