jetsetgreen

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Couch potato

I start my first day of work tomorrow. I always get so anxious before my first day of work/school/meeting in-laws, etc. I just hate being the new person. Smiling and meeting people and figuring out which toilet stall you like best and where to eat your lunch. SO nerve wracking. At least they are taking me out to lunch, I like food. I can't talk about this anymore because it's making me more nervous.

WE GOT A COUCH!!!! Yeah, we did it. And it has a bed inside it just like I promised so everyone come and sleep on it. I LOVE house guests. Mi 1 bedroom apt es su 1 bedroom apt. And almost better than getting the couch was getting the box it came in. It is PERFECT! It gave me the best Halloween costume idea ever, seriously. You thought my Rosie the Riveter was good, you just wait. Ooooooooo, just wait. Rich wanted to throw the box out but I threatened and put my foot down. The box stays!

I get excited in general when it comes to big boxes. I still like to sit in them and hang-out. I remember walking past the back of the library at BYU one day and discovering a stash of HUGE refrigerator boxes left back there. Oh man, it was like Christmas! First I went home and grabbed a friend and then we straight back up to the boxes and we hid in the boxes and jumped out every once in a while scaring complete strangers. Beautiful. And then we took as many boxes as we could to Rock Canyon Park and tried sledding in the snow with them which was pretty unsuccessful - they act just like a plow, FYI.

I even considered putting all my blankets in the couch box and sleeping in it. But that would be a little much, right?

4 comments:

Mrs. Ordinary said...

Are you going to be a chicken nugget?

Mrs. Ordinary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marge Bjork said...

what's your new job?!?

Mojo said...

Can the whole couch bed fit my family on it?