jetsetgreen

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Me time

Tonight Ricky was gone learning how to monitor fetuses so I decided to have a little alone time. I started by enjoying a delicious dinner of Golden Grahams straight out of the box while shopping online. When I was done checking all my usual sites and planning how to peruse my favorite designer sale early enough to still make work on time I decided to entertain my senses with the latest episode of Gossip Girl. I was not disappointed - Vanessa, how could you? Serena, will anyone ever truly love you?

And after the show I looked at nails and they were truly in need of some attention. So I removed the old polish whilst perusing netflix until I found the perfect movie. And I found a classic I had never seen before that was begging to be watched while I painted: Tootsie. You know, the one where Dustin Hoffman dresses in drag to get an acting gig? It features a bunch of famous actors when they were young; Jessica Lange, Bill Murray, Geena Davis and Punky Brewster's Dad!. Has anyone ever actually watched Tootsie? What a perfect movie for watching by yourself while you paint your nails.

And even though the movie was good I found myself truly captivated by Stephen Bishop who wrote the theme song for Tootsie. I looked him up on youtube and decided that he's alright. And I think I have a thing for his songs now. I know, what? But here is one of my favorites that I would like to share with you.

It just makes me want to fire up the stove and start sauteing in my palazzo pants. Mmmm..delish. Enjoy. (Cause I did on repeat while I wrote this).

2 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

That's funny, I just got Tootsie through netflix this week and I'd never seen it before. "Does Jeff know?"

Marianne & Clayton said...

It Might Be You is one of my all time favorite songs as Tootsie, for whatever reason, was in frequent rotation at our house growing up. Glad you found it.

(Just your stalker here. Carina's friend. Thanks for letting me read.)