jetsetgreen

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pants



I did something weird the other day: I wore my husbands pants to the grocery store. I came home from work and went into the bedroom contemplating what I could change into to head out to the store. And then I saw them laying all unassuming on top of the duvet. They are the perfect shade of blue-ish grey denim. And I knew that I wanted to wear them. And even though I knew they were going to be too big I put them on anyways. Sure enough they were baggy on my derriere and legs, but at least they didn't slide off when I moved.

I examined myself in the mirror: front, side, back, side, front, back, side, front, side. "Not too bad" I thought to myself. People will think that I am just dressing a little Japan-ese. But just to make sure I slipped on a pair of black ballet flats to class it up a bit.

I was really excited to get home to see the husbands reaction when he discovered that I stole his pants. We carried in the groceries. I made dinner and walked around the house A LOT. We ate dinner together and then I blurted out "don't you notice anything different about me today?". Nope. He looked me up and down and still didn't get it. So I narrowed it down to my clothing. Still nothing.

Then he asked me if I peed my pants.

"No......but if I did YOU would be really mad".

Nothing.

So he starts to get frustrated and ask me if I did all number of things in my pants, which I did not, but always answered that he would be VERY upset if I had done any of those things in my pants.

It took forever until I finally had to stand up and show him the pants. Duh.

"They look like some of your other pants" he replied.

Come to think of it they do.

6 comments:

Mike Lau said...

Are you sure they were "guy" jeans? I believe your husband used to own women jeans a couple years ago. Whit also made the point that the boyfriend jeans look is in.

rich said...

Oh my embarrassing foray into girl jeans. That's funny. Zing!

And just for the record I gave that up in 2006.

Also, Whit is right. Plus, those jeans looked different rolled up.

Stephen said...

Did you give up the girl jeans after it was announced you wore them at spotlight at the Glenwood? Sorry about that..
But also, I will never forget after my mission, we went to the DE warehouse and you and Jacob RAN to the girl jeans section! I thought you were both being dragged down to Babylon on the seat of your girl's jeans. Haha!

Marge Bjork said...

hot pants

Mojo said...

Oh that rich!

tara said...

Will this be a continuing fashion trend in the Wood home? I didn't realize marriage and "being one" included communal closets.