jetsetgreen

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Killer Boots Man


It's true!!!!!!

The fates were on my side this Columbus day as I shopped in honor of the man who shopped for a new world, and I found them.

Supple black leather. An oh so slight wedge heel. A buckle in the back for good measure and the perfect almond shaped toe.

Miracle!

A miracle indeed.

A miracle because it has been about 10 yrs since I found a knee high pair of boots that fit over my calves. And leather to boot (zing).

Not only do they fit over my muscular calves, but I can tuck my jeans into them. If this isn't the Columbus day miracle I've been praying for for years - then I don't know what is.

And so I'd like to thank Jessica Simpson for her string of unsuccessful and often publicly embarrassing relationships for helping her gain a little weight. A little weight that probably led her to tell the people who actually design her stuff to make a boot that would fit her new calves; and thus, mine.

I was SO happy after trying them on that I didn't yell at the lady with the shopping cart who ran over my real pair of shoes right in front of me. Serenity now. They were a bit pricey, but I don't care. I don't even feel bad....not one bit.


And the next day I was still thinking about them as I rode the train home. And as the train entered the Beacon Hill tunnel I was momentarily distracted when my brain switched to the song they play on Willy Wonka as they enter the tunnel. My train was slightly rocking and the train was picking up speed and the lights were flashing by...


2 comments:

Jeff said...

i hate that part. of the movie.

just thought i would let you know that GUYS are wearing knee high boots and tucking their jeans into them over here. haven't caught on myself, but then again, i don't even have a man bag yet...

what was your shoe size again? just in case.

irene said...

Umm I LOVE finding boots. You should come to this country of good boots and addictive shopping because you could have this boot-high about 3 times a week.