jetsetgreen

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Eat me out of house and home

How does one person spend so much on food? I can't believe it, and I'm not even buying gushers. If I bought a lot less food then I could buy more clothes and they would fit better. Unbelievable.

Although I am not good at finances I am good at making awesome things. In fact, just the other day I was heard exclaiming "oh for cutes sakes!" after making some awesome throw pillows. And I also discovered that mature women who work at the fabric store scare me a little. They wear aprons and joke about seam widths, crazy yardage and reupholstering their whole house. I went to buy some fabric and the lady told me I didn't seem very sure about the 2 yards I asked for. And she was right. I was SO busted. I don't know what I'm doing. I don't really sew. Seriously. And I don't iron. I can't sew straight and I tend to hit the gas a little too much while stitching which contributes to the uneven lines. I just don't do it. But ever since my new couch came into my life I need to marry it to the complete opposite color scheme side chairs that were given to us. Not an easy task. So I made pillows.

Sew (ha ha) in short I buy too many grains in bulk and I feel uncomfortable in fabric stores.

Oh...also, I somehow managed to iron adhesive all over the ironing board.

....Man

1 comment:

Mojo said...

pictures por favor.