jetsetgreen

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Evian

I've been drinking old water lately.

I always get thirsty right at the same time every morning after the same yogurt and grape nuts I always eat.

So I get a big glass and fill it full of mostly cold water and drink it as I keep getting ready. It inevitably ends up on the desk in the bedroom and I rarely finish it all.

Then the next day I'm suddenly thirsty and there it is. Old water full of the bubbles that water gets when it sits out.

As a self-processed non-water snob I drink it anyways because it's still water, right? It can't have gone bad necessarily, even though it tastes a little old.

But today I woke up from my nap and I was SO thirsty (thanks to a side affect of my birth control that I had no idea about until recently) and I needed a drink, like, now. I looked over and there it was. My camelback water bottle full of water that had been sitting there for weeks. So I gulped it down.

It wasn't that bad. But I kept thinking about someone I know who won't drink old water. Is it you? And then I thought about one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite movies names Superstar: "You should be embarrassed because your parents named you after bottled water!".

As a side note - My husband is video chatting with his brother from the bathroom. No good can possibly come of this.

3 comments:

Carina said...

Dad, "We should Skype Lisha!"

Me, "Cough. Sure."

Marge Bjork said...

ohhhhhh those brothers

Amanda said...

And yet we didn't Skype you. We passed the cell phone from ear to ear to ear. I didn't think about that until today. Yuck. Still, it's not as bad as video conferencing from the bathroom....