jetsetgreen

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Location, location, location

Sometimes I wonder how much of a snob I am.

I mostly feel like a snob when it comes to looking for new housing. Also when it comes to fake designer bags from China. I'm just not interested. I'm past that point in my life - and I have TJ Maxx which serves my real leather bags interest just fine.

My point is this: Today I sat in the car while Ricky went and meet someone we had an apt showing with. I refused to get out of the car and even acknowledge that we were there. I sat in the car and waited until Ricky was done and came back out.

You don't understand. It was this long street full of shanty duplexes with all sorts of crap in the yards. Crap everywhere. And it seemed like all the windows were covered in sheets. I have a thing about that. Get a curtain. Or at least a sheet without prints that gives it away.

I just didn't want to be there.

And now we are back to the same place we were 6 months ago. Do we pay a little more for something we will really like or pay way less for less space just to save some money?

I vote the first one.


3 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

These are the kind of questions I get wishy washy on. I think I usually go with the first one. This year I went with the first one and I'm not looking back. But sometimes I feel like I'm starving a child in Africa by choosing the more expensive option. I hate when that happens.

Marianne & Clayton said...

My neighbors have tin foil in their window. I try really hard not to judge them.

Carina said...

You pay MORE because you will be happier. The $90 you save every month still means you'll live in a place that you hate, giving you soul angst, and making you miserable. Are you selling your happiness to save $90?