jetsetgreen

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Whada ya say doll?

The Crazies were out today! So much so that I actually turned around my wedding ring on the train ride home.

It started with a rather interesting woman sitting by who told me she needed her inhaler. I said nothing.

Then she yelled, "HEY! You almost hit me!" to the woman who walked past her who did not almost hit her.

Then she mumbled and stared and mumbled some more.

Finally she got up and moved when another homeless looking man sat across from her. And from where she moved I could hear a chorus of expletives followed by something about someone always blowing a saxophone in her face and how she does NOT like it.

I thought I was home free.

Then a man came on and sat across me and proceeded to harass me.

"Whhhaada ya say doll?" He started with.

Then when I looked the other way he said it again. When I still didn't answer he apologized for being so drunk and slid a seat over. And boy was he ever drunk. I think the people one car over could smell him.

2 seconds later he started again. "Whooo gives you the right to sit there with thooose boxes and look so good" he slurred. "What are you I-taliano?". And then another apology.

Then the classic, "You don't who I am. My family has money". Sure. I'm sure that your family has money sir, now I will go home with you. Gross.

You may be wondering why I didn't just move seats. Well, the answer is two-fold. 1-there weren't that many empty seats and 2-I had these two huge boxes to take home and this was the place they fit best.

He kept going and going and at one point he told me I was "as dumb as they come". All the while I am looking in the opposite direction trying to ignore him whilst sending negative thoughts towards him in my brain.

Finally a stop before mine I couldn't take it anymore and I got up with my huge boxes and stood by the door. He followed and started talking to the homeless man and they were both agreeing how the cops could f*** themselves. I seriously worried he would get off at my stop but luckily he didn't.

At first it was amusing, then funny and then eventually a wee bit scary.

And then I relived it as I schlepped the 6 blocks home juggling the big boxes worrying someone was going to jump me for my goods.

Oooh...living the sweet city life. What did you do today?

2 comments:

Carina said...

I took EG to his Kindergarten evaluation.

I got approved for a car loan.

I did not have to talk to or hide from any crazy people.

Marge Bjork said...

I watched a movie that Orson Welles made when he was mad at the studio he was stuck at.

Charlton Heston was a Mexican cop and Orson Welles, who was already overweight, padded himself to make himself an even fatter, more gluttonous, dirty, racist US cop.

It was crazy, but Orson Welles didn't try to seduce me with his family's money.