jetsetgreen

Monday, August 23, 2010

WHit-Whit-Hooray!




OK, so here is the obligatory "someone came to visit" post. But it's more like a "we had a really good time and you should all know it" post.

My friend Whit came all the way from sunny San Diego to our lovely mostly clouded over Washington but we had a GREAT time anyway. If I keep telling you how much fun we had, will you believe me? Will some pictures help?

Ok.

It started with the best view of the city which I missed because I had my eyes closed

Then onto the obligatory trip to Pike's Place Market which is always a good time - especially when you come home with pounds of clams and scallops....mmmmmm.

And then while still at the market we had to see the famous "gum wall". Yeah, it's exactly how it sounds, FULL of gum. *Wretching sounds*.


Then on Saturday we headed over to Whidbey Island to see Deception Pass which is a giant, narrow, tall, skinny, scary bridge of death that Ricky and Whit decided were NOT going to make them toss their breakfast.


I on the other hand couldn't make more than 20 ft before I thought I would pass out and fall overboard into the swirling whirlpools below. I don't do heights well. At all.

We capped the view off with the biggest most delicious cinnamon and orange rolls on the island in a cute bakery overlooking the bay. Oh me-oh-my.

Then everybody got SUPER EXCITED (as evidenced by this picture) to walk along Lake Washington


And there is no better way to cap off a fun-filled vacation then hit the swings. Their faces have been covered to protect the innocent - or you could picture them wacking their noggins on the post which is what I like to do. It's a personal choice.

Also, doesn't Ricky's shadow remind you of the Air Jordan logo?

And I didn't even get around to all the delicious food we ate and ate and ate and ate. Mmmmmm. Especially the ice cream that turned Whit into an adoring fan of Ricky's mad Pac-Man skills - NEW HIGH SCORE!!!


If you come visit I promise to do some of these things with you...





5 comments:

Whits said...

I heard you're not going to hang out with us this weekend...so I'm calling you a liar.

Laquina said...

I will totally send Ricky to swing with you guys. So there.

lola said...

Is that THE ice cream shop??? The incredible one with the sweet potato ice cream???

Mojo said...

mmm...food.

Baguleys said...

Love that you posted one with your eyes closed!