jetsetgreen

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Boys:12 million, Girls: 4

I made a new friend today.  I just love making new friends - when it's on my own terms.  I noticed my new friend at the beginning of the year and noted that he seemed cool.  You know, you can usually tell by how someone looks whether or not you are going to get along.  I knew from his great style and the fact that he sat in the back and mostly kept to himself that we could have been great friends.  I mean, we already had so much in common what with all the great clothes and the sitting in the back of the classroom, but I just never talked to him.  To be fair, he never talked to me either.  Not that I blame him, class bro can be an everest-like obstacle at times.  But today I sat between the two and decided that it was finally time on the last day of class to reach out.  Except I just said, "hey......hi.  I've been meaning to talk to you I just never got around to it until today.  You seem like you're kinda interesting".  And just as predicted he was.  "What is that on your paper?" I prodded.  "Its Chinese" he responded.  "My phone can text in Chinese!" I said excitedly.  The rest of the class was spent not learning about the last 'Little Ice Age' but instead deciding whether I would like to die in a shark attack or from a nuclear bomb.  Bomb, hands down.  I'm deathly afraid of fish but not of chemicals, I eat those for breakfast.  The best part?  He loves to talk about China and so do I.  I don't know why, but debating the abilities of those commies (if you can even still call them that) just gets me out of bed in the mid-morning.  The only down side?  Chalk one more up for the boys.  It seems I have a tiny bit of trouble making friends of the female persuasion.  What gives? 

8 comments:

tara said...

1) I hope I am one of the 4.
2) Blame it on those pheromones. Guys come running to you like a fat kid after an ice cream truck.
3)Speaking of Mao, what were his thoughts on that dream dictator?
5) It makes me want to go see "Nanking" the new documentary. Up for some graphic Japanese atrocities?

Carina said...

Because guys are just cooler. I had far more guy friends until I got married and they all went away. Hmm. Now I have guy friends and girl friends, but more girls.

Laquina said...

1)tara, you are definitely in the four for now. we will see after tomorrow nights elimination...
2)we didn't get to Mao - that requires prep
3)jenaper changed the channel and we missed the winner of america's next top model - that was enough of an atrocity to hold me off for a week.
4)i'm alright collection men friends until I get married because who needs friends once you are married? You already have your best friend forever.....awwwww

rich said...

Wow, so we're just a few of the millions... nice. Well I've got news for you. The guy in your class didn't have a girlfriend named Natalie. He's unstable. Welcome to OC... Be-otch.

Katrina said...

Yeah, marriage does hinder the friendships with guys thing. I have managed to secure some very close girl friends over the years of my life that I know I will always have. Some of them have been sorta by accident, but I love them just the same. The many guy friends have come and gone, except for a select few. But I will agree, too many girls around, just isn't as much fun when you're single.

Marge Bjork said...

it's because at the end of a night a guy can't hit a girl. A girl can hit a girl.

Carina said...

I'd like to thank Marge for bringing up the dating violence that LaQuina might be capable of, that's cool.

Mojo said...

Way to go! Well, let's hope this one is cool enough to get your phone number.