jetsetgreen

Monday, December 31, 2007

Final descent

The descent of the Gods into the city of Angels.....



Ahhhhhhh.....I've been wearing short-sleeves and light sweaters since Saturday morning. I forget what if feels like to be back in my summer skin. I'm in LA for a week visiting Stasy and annoying her every time we pass some celeb-worthy spot. "HEY! WE JUST WALKED RIGHT PAST THE IVY! Its REALLY small.....and dark." "Lisa Kline? Kitson? Fred Segal? I'm dying here!!" The worst was when we were driving down Melrose (I know, how LA do I sound) headed to Robertson Blvd and we passed a Marc by Marc Jacobs store. Anyone who remotely knows me knows that I LOVE me some Marc Jacobs. I think I might have screamed, gasped, pointed, and yelled - or a combination of all these things. The look on Stasy's face said it all......c'mon. So of course we had to go and of course they didn't have either of the two sweaters I've been coveting.

But it hasn't been all bad luck here in LA. In fact, I've been having great luck in the city of Angels. We had decided we wanted to try and see Wicked, the musical, but it was all sold out. So we went to the theater Saturday morning to wait in line for a ticket lottery they have for every showing. You have half an hour to write your name down on a paper and put it in the barrel. Then you wait half and hour and they begin the lottery. 13 names are called and given front row tickets for $25 cash. There were roughly 250 people there, Stasy claims 300, and my name was the 11th called. I WON!!!!!!! So two hours later we were on the front row where you could see the spit flying out of the performers mouths, like a video of a slow motion sneeze. It was an amazing show! I've never been that into musicals but I loved it! It was funny and smart and their voices were ridiculous.....it was.....wicked. Afterwards we did a little shopping, a little eating, a little conversating and had quite the enjoyable day. Not bad for my first day of vacay.

1 comment:

Mrs. Ordinary said...

How fun! It sounds much better than talking on the phone in your closet (although that's not too bad either)