jetsetgreen

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'd like a free mix-in please

I have this thing lately where I like to wash down my meals with a smoothie. For most a smoothie is a meal in and of itself, not for me. It comes after the meal. Odd? Yes. Delicious? Yes. Normal? No. But what is normal anyway? I have one friend who thinks its normal to naturally wake up at 7am every morning......not normal. There is boy in my ward who must think that it's normal to pick your nose and eat it during church because he does it every week. I think it's normal to eat the sucker stick after I'm done with the candy part but some might not agree with that (I like the taste of paper). Normal is to people as mushrooms are to food; totally varied and widely disputed as to whether they are good or not. And they (mushrooms) are not good, for the record. Maybe it has something to do with my Abuela washing down her meals occasionally with a nice strawberry flavored Ensure, but it has become normal for me to whip up a quick smoothie after some eggs or lasagna as a means to wash everything down with. Something about that cold, thick, fruity elixir sliding down my throat just tops the whole experience off sooo nicely. Today I used soy milk instead of regular and it was just that more delicious. So if you want to debate whats 'normal', we could do that. But if you'd rather have pleasure that you can buy past midnight on a Saturday then come over to my house and I'll make you a smoothie - after dinner style.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Me and my husband love smoothies too. And we always make them with vanilla soy milk and they are delicious!!! And yes, we have them after dinner too as our dessert.

Mojo said...

Try this:
plain yogurt
frozen fruit (your choice)
splenda (lots)
Super good and super Southbeach

tara said...

I hope you are not trying to hide the fact that this night-cap comes after dinner, but BEFORE dessert. Don't pretend like you are finished after you gulp down this fruity deliciousness.

Laquina said...

Geez Tara, the next time you are giving a lesson on social graces would you please let me know? Because the last thing I need is 'miss hospital corners' analyzing my eating habits.

Maybe if you would just make me some dessert you could see for yourself.