jetsetgreen

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Karma Chameleon

This morning marked the fifth night in a row that I had trouble sleeping.  I've been racking my tired brain trying to figure out why.  Why? Why? WHY????  My first thought was the 65% dark chocolate with cocoa nibs I've been nibbling on bit by bit.  Could it possibly have enough caffeine to keep me wide-eyed throughout the night?  So I stopped eating it after the afternoon.  It wasn't that.  Then I wondered if it was the Tahitian Vanilla Hazelnut Yogi tea I've been enjoying as of late.  It says caffeine free, is it possible that 'ole devil of a yogi was lying to me about the contents?  It wasn't that.  I pondered the Feng Shui of my room but it seems to be in order.  It wasn't that.  Could it be my chosen pajamas for the week?  So last night I decided to try out the new L.A.M.B. sweat pants that I just got.  It wasn't that, unfortunately.  Do I have a guilty conscious?  Maybe.  Is it bad Karma?  Probably.  For what???  I had a conversation last night with a friend about this very subject.  He thinks that you should expect good things when you give them.  I don't think you should.  I think they happen, but its not an automatic benefit.  But I do think that its perfectly ok to blame karma when bad things happen.  Its time to audit my life.  Have I done something terrible lately?  Have I wronged someone and need to make it right?  I can't think of anything........really, I can't.  Let's see - I brought a sick man popsicles, I feel like Abuelas personal slave, I have filled in at work, I clean my bathroom regularly, I sent out Christmas cards, I cleaned my ears, I made a new friend, I'm caught up at school.................  Nothin, I got nothin.  Tonight I'm hoping for a Christmas Carol type miracle where three ghosts, hopefully famous, will come and show me the error of my ways - or at least a friend calling to air their grievances about me so I can apologize.  The last thing I want is another morning like today where I hear "what is with your face"?  Its tired, my face is tired. 

4 comments:

Carina said...

I can't sleep during stressful times, and finals/holidays definitely count. We all have problems sleeping, I think it's heredity.

Mojo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tara said...

I think it is your guilty conscience.

Redefining said...

I'm going to go with it's your guilty conscience for not calling your host brothers for a rousing game of pool every once and awhile. I don't know, just a thought.