jetsetgreen

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A day late, a dollar short

Don't you hate that feeling when you find just the thing you were looking for after the fact? Like rummaging through your closet looking for your bracelet with spikes from High School for a theme party and you don't find it until 1 month later? Or trying to rid your room of that awful smell before company comes over and only after they've left you discover the taco your friend Cherie left under your bed....a week ago? I hate that - especially seeing what the taco looks like up close. Well, I had such a moment last night as I was passing through my iTunes library. My eye happened to catch a song entitled "What's a yule log?". I don't really know I thought to myself and double clicked. I was not ready for the magic that came floating towards my ears courtesy of my computers speakers. I wanted to put the song directly on my blog but everyone knows its a miracle that I can even post on my own blog....let alone add something. So the best I could do is give you a link that has the song for you to listen: http://www.musick8.com/html/current_tune.tpl?volumeid=V15_2&tunenum=10
Where has this gem been this holiday season? I don't even know how or why it came to me but I think its a Christmas miracle. Somehow in my mad music-grabbing from others I acquired this and it sat under my nose for who knows how long - too long. And don't worry, although that site doesn't let you listen to the whole song, the full version never actually explains what a yule log is - so you're not missing out. And if you get the chance, there is also a song called "Cranberries" with a delightful 50s bopper-vibe. Who says there aren't still Miracles....

2 comments:

tara said...

I don't think I even want to know what a Yule log is. Anything involving the word "log" automatically becomes undesirable at the very least.

rich said...

Mmm... tacos