jetsetgreen

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Adult Education

I've been "tagged".  No, no one has snuck up on me in the middle of the night to spray-paint me with their creative gangsta name.  I have inevitably been hit with the blogging phenomenon they call "tagging" which means I have to answer a list of questions given to me that will enlighten the 5-7 (depending on the day) people who read my blog.  Basically its a chain letter masquerading as something fun. {Now let me pause: Dear Darise, Never mind my introduction.  I am in fact glad you tagged me because I never pass up a good chance to inform more people about the small idiosyncrasies that I am made up of.  So thank you.}  Ok.  I took one look at the questions offered and decided they were not for me.  I usually never take recommendations that seriously, hence the large scar on my right shin where I went for jumping between the large boulders instead of the recommended walking around.  So I have decided to make my own lists.  

SMELLS I HATE: Bowling alleys, libraries, weed, fingers after handling money and tar.

SMELLS I LIKE: Cinnamon, mens cologne most of the time (and yes, I do still like Hugo so shut-up), gasoline, rubber cement, onions cooking and curry.

THINGS THAT MAKE MY HEAD SPIN: Quantum physics, the space-time continuum, math, people who can't smell an MLM from a mile away, why people insist on wearing denim on denim and the show "momma's house".

5 THINGS YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ME: 1-I've probably been mad at all of you at LEAST once without you knowing it 2-I flex in the mirror more than you would think 3-I congratulate myself out-loud on a job well done 4-I rarely remember names, but always what a person was wearing 5-I've lost most of my shame as evidenced by most of my actions on a daily basis.

THINGS I DO WHEN I'M ALONE.....ALL ALONE: Pick my nose, sit-ups, more flexing in the mirror.....

I CAN'T LET GO OF: chips and salsa.

I HAVE OVERWHELMING URGES TO: punch someone in the face, buy a one way plane ticket somewhere - anywhere, snap at a stranger just because, slap everyone's backside, buy more and more jeans, scratch during movies and be on TV.

GIFTS I WOULD ACTUALLY LIKE: A gift-card to the RIGHT store, a cheesecake, movies I talk about all the time, a plane tickets, anything L.A.M.B., The Golden Girls DVDs and no one bothering me for a whole day. 

WHAT I THINK IS MOST IMPORTANT: loyalty, loyalty, loyalty.

VICES: Candy canes, charleston chews, pork chops, clothes, shoes, and people - I will ditch most anything to hang-out with those I love.

I GET NERVOUS...: on the first day of a new job, when approaching the airport before flying, around a crush, holding my purse in large crowds, having my arms and/or legs pinned down, when people run up the stairs behind me and walking past 15 yr olds with automatic weapons in third world countries.  

Hope you enjoyed it. I fully expect some comments so go ahead, hit me.

5 comments:

Carina said...

You're never going to let that gift card from Macy's go, are you?

Marge Bjork said...

I have the overwhelming urge to spray paint your face

Mojo said...

I have to ditto loyalty and gift cards

Mojo said...

You're also not going to drop the whole Golden Girls thing either.

jessica said...

you forgot to add Tommy Girl to smells you like, I guess Tommy Girl is above smells you like and can be classified as a smell your obessed with.