jetsetgreen

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Movie Quotes

I've been muttering things under my breath for the last couple of days.  Unpleasant things.  Put the earmuffs on your kid type things.  I can't stop.  Every toe stub, skank-eye, deficient credit and slow internet I come upon becomes showered with things that would make a mediocre sailor blush.  I feel like Ralphie from A Christmas Story, ready to tackle and punch to smithereens any bully who happens to catch me on a bad day.  Not to worry, I have reigned myself in so far.  I just know that any night now I'm going to have a dream where I try and punch someone and my arm will only move in slow motion like its in gallons of water.  I hate that dream.  Its almost sooo satisfying going to punch someone and then sooo frustrating when you can't.  I had declared my theme for 2008 to be "It's MY turn".  But it seems that I might have to re-theme this year as the "Battle of wills", or even "the battle of who could care less".  I thought this summer was going to test my will to succeed but this year just might take the cake.  The problem is that I feel this overwhelming sense of entitlement.  I feel like Elle Woods in Legally Blonde when she is checking the list for the prestigious internship with Callahan's law firm and says, "..that means there is only one place left for......ME!".  Well I want that place, and I'm going to clothesline anyone who tries to get in the way.  Not to be overly dramatic, but it's time.  I need to move on from this stage of life.  And just like Bruce Willis in Die Hard, I want to be able to yell out "Yipee-ki-ay mother-*$&&#*@!" as I take the stage on graduation day this April.  

5 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

well we all know I wouldn't judge you. say it bruce willis

tara said...

Maybe another resolution of yours should be to swear more in public. Then you could bust out Bruce Willis lines all the time and never feel a shred of guilt. Otherwise you will end up like Ralphie, beating on some skank-eye ho and yelling foul obscenities that have been building up over months and months.

Josh said...

Yeah, I agree, just let them out. Especially when they are directed toward professors who were once stewardesses... err.. male flight attendants.

Marge Bjork said...

now I'm going to get all political on yours and flip-flop to say don't Bruce Willis! (I feel like there is under-representation of this opinion)

Anonymous said...

No one says it better than John McClane. I LOVE your blog. It's got your adorable fun loving personality all over it. I think you should have your own reality show. I dare say it'd be as riveting as The Hills.