jetsetgreen

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

True love is what brings us together....today

I discovered a new kind of love today: all-weather love.  I was fighting my way through the bitter morning cold on my way to class today when I noticed a couple in front of me holding hands, with no gloves.  NO GLOVES!!!  I could hardly believe my eyes or my cold cashmere-lined leather gloved fingers!  So I began to survey the land and noticed a few more couples braving the cold just to let their digits become one with each other.  "This must really be love" I thought to myself.  What else could it be?  No one who just liked or greatly esteemed or even 'loved spending time with' someone else would sacrifice the warmth of their hand to be closer to that person.  After all, you lose most of your body heat through your feet, head and hands.  It's not like two hands together will heat up automatically.  Two cold hands together are just two cold hands together.  A gesture like this should have left me touched and awed, but all it left me was incredulous.  There is no way.....no way I would do that.  No matter how much I liked someone or their fingers.  It's too cold!  Why not just walk closely together and at least benefit from some body heat or more surface area to be able to walk steadily through the heavy wind?  To these people I say, are we not human?  If we are exposed to cold do we not chill?  It is not me who is crazy, but you - for I have seen the mark of frost bite and it is not pretty.



4 comments:

tara said...

Can we put these people in the same category as the couples who refuse to let go of each other's hands while walking through those metal-detector things in the library? They would rather lift their interlocked fingers over that 8-ft barrier than let go. And the girl is always straining to hold on. I always want to karate-chop their hands apart.

The Piersons said...

Lisha, its Haley, I have to admit...I blog stalked you once and now all the time because I think you are so funny. I thoroughly enjoy reading your opinions on everything. You are a really great writer. So yes, I have a secret crush on you, what's the big deal?

Marge Bjork said...

however, they ARE holding hands. which is more than I ever get to do.

Momoko Photography said...

What about the couples who will look longingly and lovingly into each other's eyes before parting in the quad. PUKE! No one wants to see how stupid in love you are! Also, I feel like I shared a moment with them and that means they're sharing a moment with everyone else in the quad. Maybe sex before marriage will get these people out of the public eye.