jetsetgreen

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's recruitment time

So...I was sitting in the Clyde Building again minding my own business doing some online HEPE and I see this guy out of the corner of my eye making his way down the long table with some flyers.  When he finally got to me at the end of the table I saw a flyer slide across the table right next to me so I looked up.  He began to talk and point in the direction behind me.  I just sat there watching his mouth moving and finger wagging.  I don't think it occurred to him that I couldn't hear a word he was saying.  I had my head phones in and was blasting a little Pretenders "brass in pocket" as he was so dutifully informing me about... something.  It was so surreal just watching him mouth along to the song - but not really.  So I just smiled and kept watching him go on and on.  Finally when he smiled and walked away I actually looked at the flyer and saw this:
A way to accelerate my leadership with the help of ETSC (engineering and technology student council)!  Finally!  I had just hit my leadership plateau and was looking for a way to shake things up.  But then I looked closer and realized that I know the man in the photo.  We went to high school together.  He is 'juggling guy'.  You know, the token kid who rides a unicycle and juggles at lunch feeling pretty good about himself.  I'll leave his name out for his sake even though its burned on my brain.  Everyone knows 'juggling guy's name still.  What's even better is that he also used to drive an old army jeep to school and the jocks would always put it into neutral and move it to the most inconvenient places while he was in class.  But from the looks of that flyer it seems the 'juggling guy' is doing all the moving nowadays.  Don't worry 'juggling guy', your secrets safe with me.

3 comments:

Momoko Photography said...

My hero

Anonymous said...

I was always impressed with jugglin' guy because it takes talent to ride a unicycle and juggle not to mention doing both at the same time. Plus he always looked happy despite all the times he had to hunt down his car. It appears he's still happy. Way to go Guy!

lola said...

yeah did i ever tell you that juggling guy followed me all the way home on his unicycle chatting me up to ask me out at the end when we had almost reached my house? luckily leland drove by then and i jumped in his car