jetsetgreen

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

"Behind the Sun"


I went to the movies alone tonight for the first time, just how I wanted it. I saw the most beautiful Brazilian film at the International cinema. It had everything I could have wanted in a foreign film; brotherly love, family feuds, breathtaking scenery, forbidden love and death. I didn't cry and I don't remember laughing but I remember being mesmerized by the way the camera made poetry of the story. I grinned ear to ear at the shear beauty of it. The music was haunting and warm as it floated through scene after scene. I was completely sucked into this world created in the badlands of Brazil. And the kiss.......oh yes, the kiss......it was a great one. The ending left you to make up your own conclusions, but in a really good way. I left the theater on a different plane, pure satisfaction. Its movies like this that wake me up from the contented sleep I fall into once in a while. It reminded me of all the things I hope to do one day that always end up falling by the wayside every so often.

So do yourself a favor and go see it this week. And if you want someone to go with you please call me because it plays 3 more times and I will go to all of them. I will definitely be back for seconds.

1 comment:

Momoko Photography said...

Hey dude, we own that movie. Sorry I never showed it to you.